Tomorrow morning the geologist and the inspector will hopefully sign off the the last part of the trenches and we will have the entire pool deck smoothed and start grading in preparation of re-installing the interlocking pavers. The paver contractor is on stand by and will hopefully have the deck restored by next weekend or soon after and then the pool re-opens!
There is still a huge amount of work to do in filling the voids under the foundation in the pool pump room and heater area. That will be done immediately after the pavers or in combination if they don't bump into each other.
There are two potential hiccups in this forecast. First, we may not get approval from the geologist and or sign off from the inspector. The second is that rain is being forecast for the upcoming weekend and a wet surface will delay installation of pavers. We have already planned for that and the entire exposed area will be covered in heavy plastic, but if water drains in, it could be a problem.
Let's all hope the weather forecasters are wrong again and we can get the pools open for everyone's enjoyment.